Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Year? Really?

Today is Tanner's 4th birthday. I'm not sure how I ended up on my blog, but I realized I haven't written anything in exactly one year. I . . .  am . . .  horrible.
Oh well.

Today was an amazing day. We woke up early and made muffins and then played in the out-of-nowhere-what-happened-to-our-beautiful-go-to-the-park-plan snow. But it was kind of nice to feel all wintery again and we had hot chocolate when we were done. It was all melted by this afternoon.

Tanner opened his card from Grandpa and Grandma Wright. He was so excited to see a dinosaur on his card and he named it Tel-Rex. Because it's a red T-Rex, or course. The card came with a money card (woo hoo!). When I asked what he would like to spend it on he thought for a few moments, then announced: The IceCreamer (I-Screamer courtesy of Disney's Mater's Tall Tales). He told me we had to go to Walmart because that's were he was. So, we did and he hasn't let the toy go most of the day. Super fun!

I made cupcakes during nap time. Cliff came home and we played in the now-grassy front yard a while until Cliff and Tanner left to buy a pizza. Cayson and I stayed and frosted cupcakes. We ate dinner and then Tanner opened Aunt Veda's Amazing and Large Box full of Amazing and Wonderful Birthday Presents!

Really Really Really good day. We'll have a friend party for him Satuday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Carrie and Michael Brown said...

You are horrible!!! (so am I!) It is great hearing for you! Try to at least blog once a month :) Miss you girlie! Hope all is well!